June 16, 2008

Frustrated and Fine

I bought a new pair of shoes today. $70 Nine West shoes from Capezio. Very pretty. Completely useless.
Afterward I went to Value Village, hoping to find skirts or pants or more shoes or something at the Village. After one browse I went to the change room and did that whole thing and then went back.....and couldn't find my shoes.

I looked in the changerooms, and they weren't there. I searched the store, gone. I cursed the heavens and still I could not find my damn $70NineWestshoesfromCapezio. I asked the woman at the counter and she said no one had turned them in. So I'm pacing the store, ducking under clothing racks and shoe racks and etcetera all the while muttering and cursing under my breath, secretly accusing the blonde girl who went into the changeroom after I left assuming that she took them and didn't even have the courtesy to, oh I don't know, tap me on the shoulder and point out that I was missing a pair of $70NineWestshoesfromCapezio. At one point after I had thoroughly searched the Value Village only to not find my shoes, I gave up. I said that I would learn from this experience, never taking something valuable with me into a value village again.
And then while unpacking Round 3 of changeroom clothing, I unpacked the shoebox.
It was at the bottom of my cart all along.

And R.I.P to my taupe flats as seen in the past post. I took them to the shoemaker and asked if he could do anything with them and he told me "you can plan a beautiful funeral service".
So R.I.P Taupe Naturalizers. You will be dearly missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but your story made me giggle at the end.