April 11, 2008

Purple Day


I really should get around to doing my laundry. I mean, it's nice that I'm exploring the recesses of my wardrobe, but seriously.

I'm almost at my Halloween costume.

As part of this little project, I've been looking/perusing/reading other style blogs (I can't remember where I read it but someone said "it seems like if you can work a self timer, you can have a style blog which, I realise, is the reason why I have one. hehe). A lot of you have really great style (durr) but I never feel that any of it makes sense to me.

Writers: you're funky, and I admire that. I wish I could think like you do at 8 in the morning or whenever it is you wake up. But I've yet to see people whose style is.....close to mine?
No, that's not quite what I mean.

Not so far away from what I consider everyday wear. (? well it's as close I'm going to get).
I see a lot of skinny jeans and a lot of frills. I see skirts and I see heels and a lot of tights. Not to say these are bad, just that I don't quite get how you walk around every day in these. I see the skinny jeans and boots and frankly, I did that every day of the winter so I can't handle staying on that path.

I'm lazy. Really lazy. The only reason I wake up in the morning is because I'm late. I either underthink or I overthink and I was really curious as to how you ( the universe) strike a balance between the two. Because all these outfits that I see, on blogs and such like that, are Outfits. They seem to require thought - not necessarily a lot of thought but some.
More than I can muster at 8am.

Hm...how do I remedy this?
(A spoonful of sugar and a trip to the laundromat maybe?)

No comments: